Monday, April 1, 2013

Review: Mary's Gone Crackers Original

As my first review for this blog I have chosen Mary's Gone Crackers in Original flavor. I love crackers, back in my gluten days I always had to buy some type of cracker while grocery shopping. Saltines, Ritz, Triscuits, Wheat Thins, you name it I loved it. Just pair it off with some peanut butter or cheese and you have a great snack. However most recently I've noticed wheat products weren't helping my digestive problems very much and even though I don't have Celiac Disease or gluten intolerance (have been tested) I decided to leave all my gluten filled foods behind including my beloved crackers. While at Costco the Mary's Gone Crackers box caught my eye, first the name of it which made me laugh and second the big words Gluten Free written on the box and I just had to check them out.

I don't remember how much it was but I believe it was $8.99 and seemed like a great deal for a good sized box. Inside there are two separate bags which is great to keep them fresh.
Mary's Gone Crackers are organic, gluten free (duh), vegan, whole grain, non-GMO, kosher, made in the USA and are manufactured in a dedicated gluten free, dairy free, nut free facility. All the ingredients are what I would consider to be real food and can all be pronounced so no beaver anal gland juice in these ;)
When I first opened the box they smelled amazing and I love how I could see all the seeds in the crackers when I took them out. I had really high expectations for these and after eating a handful disappointment set in, don't get me wrong they're not bad but I've definitely had better. Tamari is listed in the ingredients but it tasted really bland to me and left a weird burnt taste in my mouth after eating a couple. Overall, I love the texture and ingredients but it's too bland for my taste and even though I wouldn't mind eating these again it wouldn't be something I would buy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment